Career Development - Client Service Associate
This role provides the opportunity to conduct investment research, trading, and portfolio management while working directly with clients. We are looking for an individual that works well in a team environment, has a client-first attitude and a passion for the financial markets. The candidate should demonstrate strong analytical skills and a knack for fundamental analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Analyst will focus on the following areas:
- Responsible for fundamental equity research and company analysis within various industries and sectors
- Responsible for ongoing due diligence for current and prospective investments while using independent research to generate new portfolio ideas
- Perform trading and rebalancing of client portfolios
- Prepare Investment Policy Statements and portfolio analysis for client meetings
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the firms’ portfolio positions and financial markets for communication with clients
- Support firm’s efforts in producing timely articles for newsletters, blogs, and clients as needed
- Due to the size of our firm, the individual will be expected to provide client service support, as needed. Other administrative tasks may include client report generation, assisting with cash management requests, and custodial paperwork
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in equity research.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of analytical and investment research software
- Extensive knowledge of asset allocation and investment products (ie. ETFs, closed-end funds, and mutual funds)
- Proven track record of taking initiative and working well in a team
- Excellent communication skills, intellectual curiosity and professional integrity
- Series 65 required (may be taken in first two months). Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or designation a plus (CFA, MBA, CIMA)
Salary and Benefits
- Pay and benefits based on industry standards.
- Compensation will be based on education and experience.
- Benefits include 401(k) and 3 weeks’ vacation.